My lil sis

You came to my heart and home
Like a little bundle of cuddle
You taught me how to share and sacrifice
You gave me joy through your baby squeals and wrinkles
You gave me happiness galore through your innocence
I have seen you taking your first steps
I have walked with you holding your tiny fingers
I showed you off to my friends in pride & glee
I loved the innocent fights we had, over bats, balls and dolls
I have seen you growing up learning the letters of life
From a baby, you grew up to a young girl with a mind of her own
Then all of a sudden, a storm came un-announced in our lives
Destiny had to snatch away the loving  presence of our mother
We shared the pain and cried side by side
The grief that was so heavy, we hardly could bear
If not for the strongest shoulders of our father
Who carried us through the storm
By hiding his own pain in his bosom
Just to see us smile
Time moved on, soothing the wound
The young girl blossomed into a fine young lady
Doing things sometimes gracefully and sometimes clumsily
Bur dearest sis, it is for us to take the learning from each event, good or bad
And keep walking on the road of life
Now that you are ready to cross another milestone of your life
I want to tell you dearest lil sis
It causes me equal pain & pleasure to see you don a new mantle in life
It is a moment to be cherished and eternalized
I know even the nature does not hold on to a happening whose time has come
The river gushes to meet the sea, the fruit drops when it ripens
The leaves fall when autumn
So move on , with courage and assurance
To discover new things
To experience the unknown
To challenge the difficult
However when you need the wisdom of a few grey hairs
Or tranquility of age
Or love unconditional

You always have me, your Dia, to turn to for comfort !

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The trip to Madhya Pradesh by road

Do not let the child grow

Time with Kids