Da Vinci Code in reel

Da Vinci Code in reel

Well, finally I could see it, on the 2nd day of the official release of DVC in India. I saw with an additional minute of display of a mindless statement, 30 secs before the casting and 30 secs after the film ended (just in case I forgot what I read 152 minutes earlier). The statement (technically a disclaimer) looked like written by hand (exaggerating a little here, but nevertheless it was pathetic looking), it told me the greatest truth on earth -- "All the charcters and events depicted here are fictitious and any resemblance blah blah blah..". But anyways...
I liked it. It was not outstanding but much better than what I expected after reading Cannes reviews. The film was honest, truthful to adaptation and intelligently paced. I found Tom Hanks very good, and also Jean Reno and Sir Ian McKellen. However I was a bit dissapointed with Audrey Toutou. She somehow did not live upto the image of Sophie Neveau. Sophie was a confident and a nextremely brilliant woman , but somehow that did not come acrss very well. Well ironical ! considering that it is a film on Sacered Feminine. The other part was a bit bland screenplay, I mean, there were portions in the film where it was too narrative. I am not sure how the screenplay could have been livened up, considering the fact that it is always a humungous task to adapt a book to a film. But perhaps there WAS room for imagination ! I absolutely loved Sir Ian McKellen's potrayal of Sir Leagh Teabing, he was brilliant. Overll I am satisfied to have spent 150 bucks in watching this movie, it was sort of a recap for me ! :-)

(as posted to indiatimes blog)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The trip to Madhya Pradesh by road

Do not let the child grow

Time with Kids